INSB Adriatic Ltd is the exclusive office of the Hellenic Classification Society International Naval Surveys Bureau (INSB) responsible for the territory of Adriatic acting on behalf INSB class. (INSB Class is a Hellenic ship classification society and an impartial third party certification organization with almost 4 decades of presence in the global maritime domain).
INSB Adriatic was established on 2014 at Sarande, Albania by Rear Admiral (Tech) HCG ret Efthimios Liberopoulos with vast experience for surveys and audits being also Lead Trainer of the Hellenic Coast Guard for surveyors and Auditors.
Nowadays, INSB Adriatic Ltd is independently owned and operated by Chrysi-Xanthi Lymperopoulos Naval Architect Msc Southampton University of UK.
INSB Adriatic Ltd :
- performs class and statutory surveys and issues certificates in compliance with the requirements of the international maritime conventions on a base of a bilateral agreement with the International Naval Surveys Bureau (INSB).
- supervises the construction of new ships.
- carries out condition and evaluation surveys, approval of engineering studies, stability calculations and computations of vessels for verification purposes.
- offers shipowners the advantages of classification of their ships with a Class Society, which is fully reliable with regard to its main activities, notwithstanding it is not an IACS member.
- is a trustworthy partner for many Adriatic and international client and Flag State Authorities. The staff is formed by qualified and experienced marine surveyors and auditors.
- is certified for the establishment and maintenance of a Quality Management System as per the international standard ISO 9001 latest version.
What is a Classification Society?
A Classification Society is an independent organization that provides shipowners, shipbuilders and insurers with technical services to ships in compliance with its own Classification Rules and the International Conventions. In brief the principle work of the Classification Society is to undertake surveys to ensure vessel’s safety, safety of life at sea and to preserve clean ocean environment.
A Classification Society does not design, build, own, operate, charter, repair, finance or insure ships and should be considered as verification body.
There are plenty organizations world-wide that provide marine classification services. The most famous Classification Societies are members of IACS.